This will allow you a totally new level of customization for your decisions and also will help your organization take Fingertip into use as the decisions will be relevant for them.
In order to be able to take advantage of the different layouts you need to enable the setting first. Check how to do this in this article: How take Standard Page layouts into use in Decisions
This article will show you how to create Custom Fields for your decision layouts. If you want to create new Decision Page Layouts check this article: How to create and edit decision page layouts
This article is done from Salesforce Classic layout, but can also be done in Lightning Experience.
- Go to the Decision object to be able to create Custom Fields
- Click Setup
- Search for object
- Click Objects
- Click Decision
- Once in the Decision it is time to create a custom field
- Mouseover Custom Fields & Relationships
- Click New to create a field
- (Step 1.) Select the field type and (Step 2.) enter the needed details
- (Step 3.) Set the field-level security and (Step 4.) adding to a specific page layout
Finish by clicking Save
Voilà! You have now created a custom field and you can use it in your Decision Page Layouts!
Here are other Articles you might find interesting:
- How take Standard Page layouts into use in Decisions
- How to have different types of Decisions available
- How to create and edit decision page layouts
Hope this was useful!