The tool will automatically alter some settings in your Salesforce environment to allow Fingertip objects to work, but some features have to be enabled manually. Going through the Post Installation process will take about 20 minutes.
Our Post installation tool helps you to enable these functions:
- Enabling Topics allows topics to be added in Decision objects.
- Scheduling Suggestions sets the time for checking when there is enough votes to approve a suggestion.
- Changing the Activities OWD to Controlled by Parent will ensure that security settings don’t block access of activities in Fingertip’s custom objects such as Decisions and Plans.
- Enabling Feed Tracking for Tasks, Decisions and Plans will allow users to follow these records to see any important changes on chatter
- Enabling Email Approval Response lets users reply to email approval requests by typing APPROVE or REJECT in the first line of an email and adding comments in the second line and automatically update the Approval process in Salesforce.
- You can also define who should be the default user for workflows used within Salesforce and Fingertip.
First thing you need to do is to open the "Configure Fingertip" tab.
In Classic, you will find it by clicking on the "+" tab.
In Lightning, you need to click on the App Launcher icon (1.) on the top left corner. Then either use search (2.) or just locate on the "Configure Fingertip" on the app list and click it (3.).
After having opened the Configure Fingertip tab you you need to complete few configurations manually and then the rest will be done automatically. The interface is the same for both Lightning and Classic.
Enable metadata call out
To run the Post Configuration you first need to enable Remote Site Details.
Click the Remote Site Details button on the Configure Fingertip page.
You will be automatically redirected to Salesforce Setup.
No changes are needed, just press Save.
Enable Topics and set a time for Suggestions
Enabling Topics allows topics to be added in Decision objects. You should also set the time for when Suggestions are checked for having enough votes to be approved. A good default value is 12 AM.
After setting the time, click Enable Topics.
You will be redirected to Salesforce Setup:
- Find Decision in the list on the right and click it.
- Check Enable Topics on the top or bottom of the opened view.
- Click Save.
Set Activities OWDs
This is a recommended setting. Changing the Activities OWD to Controlled by Parent will ensure that security settings don’t block access to activities in Fingertip’s custom objects such as Decisions and Plans.
Click the Activities OWD button. OWD, short for Organizations Wide Defaults, is a security setting controlling the access to records in Salesforce.
On the Setups OWD settings:
- Change Activity to Controlled by Parent from the drop list.
- Click Save. If you receive a popup warning prompt, be brave and click OK.
Enable Feed Tracking
This is a recommended setting. It allows users to follow others tasks in chatter.
Click on Feed Enable.
From the Feed Tracking settings in Setup:
- Find Task on the list on the left.
- Check Enable Feed Tracking from the top or bottom of the screen.
- Click Save.
Enable All Related Objects for Decision and Plans
This recommended setting allows you to follow Decision's or Plan's related objects in chatter.
Click on the second Feed Enable button.
- Find Decision on the list on the left.
- Check All related objects on the bottom of the page
- Click Save.
- Repeat the same steps for Plans.
Enable Additional Approval Settings (optional)
Enabling email approval response lets users reply to email approval requests by typing APPROVE or REJECT in the first line and adding comments in the second line.
You can also set the default user for workflows used in Salesforce.
Fill in a user (preferably an Administrator in your organization) to the Default Workflow User field.
Click on the checkbox after Enable Email Approval Response.
Start the Post Installation
You have now completed all the manual steps and can start the automated configuration.
Check the I understand checkbox and click Configure Automatically.
The automated Post Installation will take a couple of minutes and you will receive an email when it has finished.
Fingertip is now ready to be used!
Next, let's give users access to the App in your organization. If you are using Lightning, you can use the Manage Users tab which is a simplified, automated way to add and remove users in Fingertip. On Classic, you have to go at it the old fashioned way from the Setup: